Banana Cream Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 to 4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana cream pudding mix
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan or 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Arrange half of the banana slices in crust; top with half of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in remaining whipped topping. Pour over the cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 436 calories, 24g fat (16g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Aug 11, 2019
I also am having trouble with printing and I tried both of my printers an both computers. The directions do not all print . Very unhappy about this. I have 2subscription to the magazine but if the printing problem is not solved I won’t be renewing. HELP.
May 31, 2019
i love this recipe! i do modify it a little. i use the cheesecake recipe but i adjust the cream and i do not uses the banana instant pudding. it tastes too much like banana laffy taffys. so i make a banana crape topping that i found on another site. i also make my own whip cream cause i know the cool whip is awful on a cake. but other then that the cheesecake part is a beauty! Delish!!
May 2, 2019
Could you use vanilla wafers instead of Graham crackers?
Apr 29, 2019
@Steve, No you do not need to bake the crust. Some recipes call for it, but mostly I just make sure the crust is tamped down really nice and chill it for 20-30 minutes before spreading the filling on it. Or I cheat and buy pre-made crusts. :) As for a review, I haven't tried this recipe yet, so I have no opinion except it looks good.
Apr 28, 2019
I probably will never make this even though it looks very good. Cool Whip and packaged pudding AND MORE SUGAR?? Cool Whip is a terrible thing to eat; pudding mixes are all sugar. Certainly there is a better way to make this dish without using such junk. If you substitute real whipped cream, you get tons of fat, but at least it is a real food. As for pudding mix, I have no idea, but I am sure someone does. I would love to have this--just with somewhat less modern chemistry involved.
Apr 25, 2019
..everybody loved it- what more can I say!?
Apr 21, 2019
My crust had a horrible consistency. too much butter not enough Graham crackers. And it didn't set up right. Tasted good but was more like pudding than cheesecakes.
Mar 28, 2019
I cannot get anything to print on TOH receipes WHY? I used to all the time HELP
Mar 20, 2019
Can use use store bought crust and do I need to bake the crust? No oven .
Mar 17, 2019
I don't see pudding in recipe. What kind do you use?