Banana Cream Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 to 4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana cream pudding mix
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan or 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Arrange half of the banana slices in crust; top with half of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in remaining whipped topping. Pour over the cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 436 calories, 24g fat (16g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 20, 2019
Can use use store bought crust and do I need to bake the crust? No oven .
Mar 17, 2019
I don't see pudding in recipe. What kind do you use?
Feb 2, 2019
I have made this dessert countless times since stumbling across it 4 years ago on Facebook. It is delicious and super easy to put together. The only thing I change is I add only 1-1/4 cups of very cold milk to the instant pudding instead of 1-3/4 because I like my slices to be firmer. Using the amount of milk indicated makes for a very soft pudding mixture which doesn't always slice so pretty. This is a HUGE HIT every time I make it. As far as the multitude of reviews go concerning the amount of Cool Whip in an 8 oz container, you do NOT need to buy two containers. An 8 oz container DOES have an amount of 3 cups in it. If you measure it using a dry-measure measuring cup and level it off, you will find there are the 3 cups you need for this recipe. The cool whip container is measured by WEIGHT, therefore it is 8 oz. The recipe is measured by VOLUME which is entirely different. Hope this helps with the confusion.
Oct 3, 2018
I made this for my husband's birthday with my kids. I screwed up and added 1 1/4 c sugar due to kid distraction but another brick of cream cheese fixed it perfectly. Both of the stores that I went to for bananas had unripe bananas, so I used sliced strawberrries instead. Finally, I used gluten-free graham cracker crumbs, since I am allergic to wheat, and my husband never even knew (he hates any thing gluten free). It was a hit with both my husband and kids! I will keeping this recipe handy.
Jul 12, 2018
Very good and so easy to make!! Made it with 1 1/2 cups of milk based on other's reviews.
Jun 17, 2018
Made with nilla wafer crust, sugar free pudding w/ almond milk. Added layer of banana then nilla wafers then the cream cheese and pudding layers, repeated. Big hit. Thanks for the recipe
Jul 9, 2017
It came out beautifully!! Followed the recipe as written. It looked just like the picture and everyone (including myself) thought it was delicious!! Can't wait to make it again...and again!!
Apr 13, 2017
Jan 22, 2017
Great recipe! It looked just like the photo when I took it out of springform pan and cut into it. I didn't fold in whipped topping, however. I just used low setting on beater to get everything really smooth. I also just used two bananas. Turned out perfect.
Jul 25, 2016
BobbieDMK you're only left with a half cup of whipped topping to add to the pudding mixture.8 oz of whipped topping actually yields 3 cups in volume.