Banana Cranberry Dessert
This cool, creamy dessert prompts recipe requests whenever I take it to covered-dish. The mellow flavor of bananas complements the texture of cranberries. — Zelda Patterson, Grand Prairie, Texas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 44 wafers), divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 to 2 medium firm bananas, sliced and quartered
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Sprinkle 1 cup wafer crumbs in an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray. In a bowl, combine the milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Pour over crumbs and spread to cover. Sprinkle with pecans.
- In another bowl, combine the bananas, cranberries and sugar. Spread over pecans. In a large bowl, beat the cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over fruit layer. Sprinkle with remaining wafer crumbs. Refrigerate until chilled.