Banana Coffee Cake
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 to 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the bananas and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Combine topping ingredients; add half to batter.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with the remaining topping. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
1 piece: 325 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 3, 2017
I believe that this is the recipe I'd made-My only change with ingredients was using 1 tsp. salt. I'd also baked the cake 35 to 40 minutes. This is a really good recipe!
Mar 27, 2017
I think it needed a middle layer. This is what I used for the middle layer:
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/3 c nuts
1 tsp Cinnamon.
I put half the batter in the pan. Then sprinkled the middle layer over it. Then topped it with the rest of the batter. I cooked it for 35 minutes.
Oct 6, 2015
This was really good and easy to make. I followed the recipe other then I didn't use the topping. Loved this.
Apr 5, 2015
Very good! I've made it twice--first time, I didn't get it done enough. Second time was perfect, but needed 35-40 minutes in my oven. I didn't have pecans so used walnuts.
Mar 24, 2015
This is a nice alternative to banana bread, which is what I usually make with overripe bananas. Easy to make and tasty too!
Dec 31, 1969
Everything a coffee cake should be. What a nice alternative to using up those bananas that get a little too ripe.
Mar 22, 2014
I always find it amusing when people still think that coffee cake refers to a cake made with coffee. Either they have never had a grandmother or mother who baked much or lived in a place where baked goods are rare. A coffee cake is simply a cake of the quick bread nature which is meant to be eaten with a cup of coffee. U. Chef, there is no coffee here because it is not meant to have it. Every nationality has a version of such a cake. In this recipe, Georgia Courtney has given us a beautiful example of how a great coffee cake and a good cup of coffee can really make your day.
Dec 31, 1969
This was easy to make and delicious!
Dec 17, 2012
Easy and tasty!
Nov 14, 2012
I noptice the distinct lack of Coffee in this "Banana Coffee Cake" recipe.
Seems odd those who rated it before hadn't point this out!!!!!!