Banana Cocoa Brownies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine oats and boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, bananas, sugars, oil and vanilla until blended. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the oat mixture.
- Spread into a 13x9-in. pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 51 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 25, 2017
Did not care for these. Even my hubby, who loves chocolate did not care for them. They are chewy, and not in a good way.
Sep 12, 2010
Very moist brownie. A bit heavy on the sugar, so I think I would cut the amount next time, but this is a personal preference.