- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine oats and boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, bananas, sugars, oil and vanilla until blended. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the oat mixture.
- Spread into a 13x9-in. pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
1 each: 51 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
- Sep 25, 2017
Did not care for these. Even my hubby, who loves chocolate did not care for them. They are chewy, and not in a good way.
- Sep 12, 2010
Very moist brownie. A bit heavy on the sugar, so I think I would cut the amount next time, but this is a personal preference.