Banana Chocolate Cream Pie
English toffee bits add a buttery crunch to this cool and creamy layered pie created by our Test Kitchen.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/3 cup instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1 small ripe banana, sliced
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- Cut pastry sheet in half. Repackage and refrigerate one half for another use. On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining half into an 8-in. circle. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate; flute edges.
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Sprinkle toffee bits over crust; layer with banana and pudding. Spread with whipped topping. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Editor's Note: We do not recommend substituting sugar-free pudding mix in this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 339 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Banana Toffee Pie in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008