A friend gave me the recipe for this pie crust, which goes great with a banana filling. My husband and his family are all really big fans of coconut and banana desserts, so I like to make this one for them on special occasions. -Carol Gaus, Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Recommended: 50 Coconut Recipes to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divded
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 medium bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- Coat a 9-in. pie plate with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter. Sprinkle 1/3 cup coconut over pie plate; set aside.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and remaining butter; stir until smooth.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and milk. Stir into chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining coconut. Carefully press onto the bottom and up the sides of prepared pie plate. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Arrange bananas in crust. In a bowl, whisk cold milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Spoon over bananas. Chill for 3 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Banana Chocolate Coconut Pie in Reminisce July/August 2005, p49
Reviews forBanana Chocolate Coconut Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2011
"My favorites are everything in it! Yum!"