Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, bananas, applesauce and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 191 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Mar 27, 2014
They looked great, but they weren't sweet enough for me.
Feb 17, 2013
Easy to make, very flavorful I was able to easily make 18...WW pts+ is 3 per muffin (if you get 18 out of batch)
Feb 15, 2012
Yum-the whole family enjoyed this very yummy treat.
Feb 14, 2012
These were so good!
Oct 27, 2010
My husband & I are trying to eat healthier, and after tasting these, he said he won't have a problem staying away from the things he shouldn't have! Thanks for this wonderful recipe!
Mar 25, 2010
I added some peanut butter chips along with the chocolate. Yum!
Mar 13, 2010
These were good but nothing special
Nov 22, 2009
Moist and delicious. I did not have any wheat bran available so I substituted quick cooking oatmeal. Generous recipe, I was able to get 18 regular size muffins from the batch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.