Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, bananas, applesauce and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 191 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 27, 2014
They looked great, but they weren't sweet enough for me.
Feb 17, 2013
Easy to make, very flavorful I was able to easily make 18...WW pts+ is 3 per muffin (if you get 18 out of batch)
Feb 15, 2012
Yum-the whole family enjoyed this very yummy treat.
Feb 14, 2012
These were so good!
Oct 27, 2010
My husband & I are trying to eat healthier, and after tasting these, he said he won't have a problem staying away from the things he shouldn't have! Thanks for this wonderful recipe!
Mar 25, 2010
I added some peanut butter chips along with the chocolate. Yum!
Mar 13, 2010
These were good but nothing special
Nov 22, 2009
Moist and delicious. I did not have any wheat bran available so I substituted quick cooking oatmeal. Generous recipe, I was able to get 18 regular size muffins from the batch.