- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, bananas, applesauce and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forBanana Chocolate Chip Muffins
"They looked great, but they weren't sweet enough for me."
"easy to make, very flavorful I was able to easily make 18...WW pts+ is 3 per muffin (if you get 18 out of batch)"
"Yum-the whole family enjoyed this very yummy treat."
"These were so good!"
"My husband & I are trying to eat healthier, and after tasting these, he said he won't have a problem staying away from the things he shouldn't have! Thanks for this wonderful recipe!"
"I added some peanut butter chips along with the chocolate. Yum!"
"These were good but nothing special"
"Moist and delicious. I did not have any wheat bran available so I substituted quick cooking oatmeal. Generous recipe, I was able to get 18 regular size muffins from the batch."