- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, banana and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 13-16 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forBanana Chocolate Chip Cookies
"I added a half cup of chopped walnuts. Yum!!"
"easy and tasty. I added an extra banana and used gluten free flour. These were great!"
"Delicious, but I doubled the recipe and didn't get 36 and they were average sized cookies."
"Outstanding, yummy soft cookies. Used parchment paper & a one tablespoon ice cream scoop so they don't spread and puffed up perfectly. Prefer chocolate chunks. For variety, try adding walnuts and 1/2 tsp each of cardamom & cinnamon."
"Excellent recipe!! Soft and delicious, they are like little banana breads. I made a few substitutions; I used applesauce instead of butter, split the sugar to 1/4 white and 1/4 brown, an additional 1/4 tsp of baking powder, walnuts instead of chocolate chips and lastly added in another 1/3 cup of flour. The batter was definitely too runny without the extra flour, even still they looked like little banana puddles on the baking sheet before cooking. They did rise up in the oven though."
"Very easy to make and delicious."
"I love these they are one of my favorite cookies now. ??"
"I used Cadbury milk chocolate chips, which only come in 200g packaging, so a little less than 1 cup, and I didn't bother with baking soda and baking powder, instead just using self-raising flour, and they were phenomenal.I sent them off with my boyfriend to his workplace and the boys devoured them!"