- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup swirled milk chocolate and peanut butter chips
- Maple syrup and additional swirled milk chocolate and peanut butter chips, optional
- Place biscuit mix in a large bowl. Whisk the egg, milk and bananas; stir into biscuit mix just until moistened. Stir in chips.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup and additional chips if desired. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Reviews forBanana Chip Pancakes
"Banana chip pancakes are a go-to recipe for a breakfast treat in my house. I add finely chopped walnuts to the batter as well!"
"These were very good. I used milk chocolate chips, but everything else was exact to the recipe. I typically use buttermilk when making pancakes, but this is a good alternative when all you have is regular milk!"
"I use semi sweet choc chips and always have to do a double batch, they are my favorite simply because they are sweet enough to just hold in hand and eat!! My 5 kids love them!"
"These were okay. I made a 3/4 batch because that's how much biscuit mix I had on hand, but still used 1 egg (who want's to split an egg up into 3/4s?). I only had 1/2 cup banana too, but didn't alter the milk ratio. I used mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and thought anything more than 1/4 cup was exorbitant. So, I guess I really just made a new recipe... Either way, we didn't like the taste or texture of banana in pancakes, so we won't be making these again."
"Yummy! I used Reese peanut butter chips...it turned out GREAT! You can taste the peanut butter flavor. Recommend it!"
"Absolutely delicious. The combination of banana and peanut butter is amazing."
"This was a big hit with my whole family."
"Yes i would, Love making them from scratch"
"My family had mixed reviews about this recipe. One child said too much banana and one said too may choc/peanut butter chips. Everyone agreed that the texture was off and it was way too sweet. Sorry, but we won't be making these again."