Banana-Chip Muffin Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup M&M's minis or miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer the flour mixture, brown sugar and M&M's. Cover and store in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups mix).
- To prepare muffins: Place muffin mix in a large bowl. Whisk the bananas, butter, eggs and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill 48 greased or paper-lined mini-muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° until a toothpick comes out clean, 9-10 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 87 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 14, 2015
I thought the recipe in a jar idea was great for a gift, so I'm making this for my coworkers for the holidays. Of course, I had to test the recipe first and the muffins were delicious! I didn't have any problems with the batter being too dry. I will definitely be making these again.
Dec 23, 2013
The ratios of this receipe are wrong--batter ends up too dry--I added a 3rd Banana and about 1/2 c milk