Banana-Chip Muffin Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup M&M's minis or miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer the flour mixture, brown sugar and M&M's. Cover and store in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups mix).
- To prepare muffins: Place muffin mix in a large bowl. Whisk the bananas, butter, eggs and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill 48 greased or paper-lined mini-muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 9-10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 87 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 14, 2015
I thought the recipe in a jar idea was great for a gift, so I'm making this for my coworkers for the holidays. Of course, I had to test the recipe first and the muffins were delicious! I didn't have any problems with the batter being too dry. I will definitely be making these again.
Dec 23, 2013
The ratios of this receipe are wrong--batter ends up too dry--I added a 3rd Banana and about 1/2 c milk
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.