Banana Chip Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk, honey and banana. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 178 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 16, 2015
Horrible! I knew it was going to be way too much flour and i should have gone with my instincts. They were like dry biscuits. Wasted all those ingredients plus my time making these.