Banana Caramel Topping
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 5 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the ice cream topping, lemon juice, cinnamon and lemon peel. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- Just before serving, stir in bananas and extract. Serve over ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 102 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Mar 4, 2015
I just made this for dessert at a friend's house, and everyone loved it. I served it with Almond Cream Cheese Pound Cake, and ice cream. I was a little daunted by the amount of lemon juice in this, and although the citrus-y taste was identifiable, it didn't overwhelm the sweetness. Also, I didn't stir the bananas into the sauce (some of my friends don't like caramel); I just put them on the sliced pound cake and drizzled the sauce over all. Very good.
May 21, 2009
My husband LOVES this! It reminds us of Bananas Foster at our favorite restaurant.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.