Banana Brickle Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 package (8 ounces) brickle toffee bits, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and baking powder. In a small bowl, combine the bananas, milk, oil and egg. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in 1 cup toffee bits.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 319 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 27, 2018
We loved these muffins! So easy to make and the toffee bits take it over the top. I had the chocolate toffee bits and they worked perfectly. Great recipe for breakfast, a snack, or anytime. Family devoured them! My new go-to recipe for ripe bananas. Will keep this recipe handy!
Jul 19, 2018
Love these muffins! So easy to make and so delicious. I, too, had the Heath toffee bits with milk chocolate so I used those and I don't think it would be quite as good without that bit of chocolate. I will definitely be making these again.
May 7, 2018
Yummy! Quick, easy and fun recipe. Made as directed except only used total of 4oz chopped toffee bits- the ones I used had chocolate on them. Quickly eaten warm straight out of oven. Dense muffin-like texture and not cupcake-like. Great muffin! Will add nuts next time! As a Volunteer Feild Editor for Taste of Home magazine I love recipes using simple ingredients in fun ways!
Dec 5, 2014
These are one of my all-time favorites! I have made these for breakfast when we have had company, and everyone always raves about them! Best when served warm.It's had to find the brickle toffee bits at the grocery store now, so I have to order online.
Oct 27, 2011
JUST WANT TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS MADE THIS INTO A LOAF INSTEAD OF MUFFINS
Jun 20, 2010
My whole family raved about these muffins!. I added 1/2 cup coconut and 1/2 cup dried cranberries and sprinkled sliced almonds on top...sooooo good.
Jun 12, 2010
My husband loves these muffins! added 1/2 cup coconut and 1/2 cup dried cranberries to the batter...yummy. Also used extra large muffin tins.
May 4, 2009
These muffins were fabulous! I had to go buy more English Toffee Bits because my family wanted a second batch right away.