- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 package English toffee bits (10 ounces) or 1 package almond brickle chips (7-1/2 ounces), divided
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and baking powder. In a small bowl, combine the bananas, milk, oil and egg. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in 1 cup toffee bits.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forBanana Brickle Muffins
"These are one of my all-time favorites! I have made these for breakfast when we have had company, and everyone always raves about them! Best when served warm.It's had to find the brickle toffee bits at the grocery store now, so I have to order online."
"JUST WANT TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS MADE THIS INTO A LOAF INSTEAD OF MUFFINS"
"My whole family raved about these muffins!. I added 1/2 cup coconut and 1/2 cup dried cranberries and sprinkled sliced almonds on top...sooooo good."
"My husband loves these muffins! added 1/2 cup coconut and 1/2 cup dried cranberries to the batter...yummy. Also used extra large muffin tins."
"These muffins were fabulous! I had to go buy more English Toffee Bits because my family wanted a second batch right away."