Banana-Berry Nut Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup mashed fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, sugar and oil until smooth; add strawberries and banana. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 166 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Mar 10, 2019
Great recipe, and super-easy! I altered it somewhat. Instead of fresh strawberries, I had a bag of frozen strawberries, blueberries and blackberries, so I picked out the strawberries and let them thaw and mashed them for the recipe. Instead of walnuts I folded in the remaining frozen blueberries and blackberries. The result was very good! Nice and moist with terrific flavor!
Jun 2, 2015
Great recipe! We went berry picking this past weekend and this recipe was a great way to use them! Really easy and very tasty!
Apr 14, 2011
This is my favorite banana bread recipe. I use a cup of strawberries after food processing them. Yum!