- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 beef flat iron steak or top sirloin steak (3/4 pound)
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Crumbled blue cheese and additional pepper, optional
- For dressing, whisk together first six ingredients. Place steak and 1/4 cup dressing in a resealable plastic bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Reserve remaining dressing; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 160°), 6-8 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- To serve, divide salad greens among four plates. Top with steak, tomatoes, radishes and avocado; sprinkle with cranberries and, if desired, cheese and pepper. Serve with reserved dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBalsamic Steak Salad
"This recipe offers a delicious combination of flavors and is easy. Love it!"
"A really wonderful combination of flavors. Loved it! We will make it again and again. Thank you for sharing!"
"Amazing salad and very pretty. Looked and tasted like something you would get from a high end restaurant. Yum"