- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 beef flat iron steak or top sirloin steak (3/4 pound)
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- Additional coarsely ground pepper, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. Pour half of the marinade into a small resealable plastic bag. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for dressing.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade in bag. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Divide salad greens among four plates. Top with tomatoes, radishes, avocado and beef; sprinkle with cranberries and, if desired, cheese. Serve with reserved dressing and, if desired, additional pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBalsamic Steak Salad
"A really wonderful combination of flavors. Loved it! We will make it again and again. Thank you for sharing!"
"Amazing salad and very pretty. Looked and tasted like something you would get from a high end restaurant. Yum"