- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1-2/3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni or whole wheat rigatoni
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine carrots, zucchini and tomatoes in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Whisk together next six ingredients; reserve half. Drizzle remaining balsamic mixture over vegetables; toss to coat. Bake until carrots are crisp-tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook rigatoni according to package directions; drain. Toss rigatoni with roasted vegetables, pan juices and reserved balsamic mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBalsamic Roasted Vegetable Primavera
"Good way to use up zucchini! I used all kinds of veggies from my garden."
"Tasty, light, and different!"
"I had a medley of vegetables that needed to be used up immediately: onions, spring peas, yellow squash and colored peppers . Used rotini. Loved it."
"Outstanding! I used spaghetti, and served it warm."
"This is easy and flavorful. After reading the other review I cut my carrots thinly. I also added some sliced sweet onion to the carrots, tomatoes and zucchini. I used fresh rosemary and thyme. My husband loved this. I will make it again."
"This was really tasty. Carrots take longer to cook than zucchini, thinly slice them.I used home grown basil."