Balsamic Roasted Red Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, combine the potatoes, onion and garlic; cook over medium-high heat in oil for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the thyme, rosemary and nutmeg. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are golden and almost tender. Add the vinegar, salt and pepper; toss well. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 184 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Nov 11, 2016
These potatoes are great. I added garlic, too. Love the balsamic!
Jun 6, 2015
I loved these potatoes! The balsamic gave it a strong flavor...would not want all the time, but nice for a change.
Apr 17, 2012
These potatoes were excellent. I substituted a large yellow pepper for a few of the potatoes to add some more veggies to our meal. The only issue I had was the potatoes started to stick in the skillet so I used a little white wine to deglaze the pan and make sure the seasonings went with the potatoes and were not left behind in the pan.
Oct 24, 2011
We love Balsamic Vinegar on almost anything in my family. The flavor in these potatoes is amazing. It gives me another option on the potato side dish! Love it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.