- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Place beans in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, mustard and pepper. Drizzle over beans. Add onion; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in tomatoes and cheese. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews forBalsamic Green Bean Salad
"The dressing needed a little something more. I added some Dijon mustard and made it a more traditional salad dressing."
"Not very flavorful. I added bottled balsamic vinaigrette dressing and then it tasted fine, but I wouldn't eat it if I just stuck to the recipe."
"This recipe sounded fantastic to me, but even after refrigerating it overnight I still felt like there was something missing. It wasn't as flavorful as I thought it would be."
"Sorry, this didn't do anything for us. It just didn't have much taste. It looks prettier than it tastes."
"Excellent, delicious recipe! Will make frequently."
"We tried it and liked it alot! Did not change a thing..."
"This recipe looks good but I love the recipe from the Morton salt website. It doesn't add all the extras and it is delicious .... it is called Greek Green Bean and Tomato salad. But I halve grape tomatoes instead of the plum tomatoes!!!"
"Really good dressing! I'll be using this dressing on lots of other salads too, I think!"