Balsamic Green Bean Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Place beans in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, mustard and pepper. Drizzle over beans. Add onion; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in tomatoes and cheese.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 77 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Aug 24, 2019
This is a keeper! Everyone here eats twice the veggie portion because it’s so delicious!
Aug 27, 2017
Everyone loved this even though most were surprised I was serving green beans cold!
Jul 23, 2017
May 31, 2017
The dressing needed a little something more. I added some Dijon mustard and made it a more traditional salad dressing.
May 6, 2017
Not very flavorful. I added bottled balsamic vinaigrette dressing and then it tasted fine, but I wouldn't eat it if I just stuck to the recipe.
Aug 30, 2016
This recipe sounded fantastic to me, but even after refrigerating it overnight I still felt like there was something missing. It wasn't as flavorful as I thought it would be.
Jun 7, 2016
Sorry, this didn't do anything for us. It just didn't have much taste. It looks prettier than it tastes.
Jun 2, 2016
May 13, 2016
Excellent, delicious recipe! Will make frequently.
May 12, 2016
We tried it and liked it alot! Did not change a thing...