Balsamic-Glazed Parsnips & Onions
Brown sugar and vinegar give veggies a sweet-tart glaze in this rustic side dish. Plus, it takes only 15 minutes to get in the oven. —Marion Brown, Elgin, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 pounds parsnips, halved and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Cover and bake 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes or until tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 373 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 10g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Balsamic Glazed Parsnips & Onions in Country Woman Christmas 2011