- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, mix honey and 1 tablespoon oil. Add tomatoes and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 5-7 minutes or until softened.
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve with roasted tomatoes; drizzle with glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBalsamic Chicken with Roasted Tomatoes
"I would have given this five stars if I was rating just the chicken, but the tomatoes weren't as good as I had expected. I really didn't taste the honey on them at all. I'm not a fan of cooked tomatoes as it is and was hoping for something a little more flavorful. The tomatoes aside, though, it's a five star recipe."
"Simple and delicious!! Will definitely make again!"
"When done properly, chicken cooked this way is moist and tender. This recipe turned out beautifully for us. Will make this often."
"This recipe read very well and I was disappointed with my own results when making it. I found the chicken cooked this way to be dry although our dogs loved it! On the other hand the idea to toss and bake small tomatoes in honey (not sure why the olive oil, I'm going to omit it next time and try some shredded mint) was great. The balsamic vinegar smelled overwhelmingly vinegary while being reduced but was surprisingly sweet. I'm going to experiment with this, perhaps with baked veggies or meat cooked in another way."
"Definitely a make again. Would probably serve it on romaine lettuce as a main dish salad."