Balsamic Chicken Salad Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), cut into 3-inch strips
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1. In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from pan.
- 2. In the same skillet, bring vinegar to a boil. Add the chicken, tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper and remaining oil; cook and stir until heated through. Divide salad greens among six plates; top with chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 226 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Balsamic Chicken Salad
"I really enjoyed this! I did change the recipe, but the basic recipe was wonderful! I added 1 tsp oregano, a small can of black olives, added a half cup more of the tomatoes, probably could have added a full cup, used 2 tsp garlic, and then used rotini pasta instead of lettuce, and topped with feta cheese. I also added some sea salt during the cooking. Delicious! I thought about adding finely sliced red onion in the future. My husband loved it!"
" 5 w.w. points
"we LOVE this salad. we make it all the time and just can't get enough of it. this is a winning recipe among my family of picky eaters!"