Balsamic Chicken Breasts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, pepper and salt. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, cook onion until tender. Add water, stirring to loosen browned bits. Add the vinegar, thyme and rosemary; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 194 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 1, 2016
The chicken was easy to prepare but I did not like the thyme in the sauce. Maybe it's a personal preference....but I enjoyed the balsamic & onions. I could have eaten it with more sauce, less thyme in it.
Apr 1, 2015
My husband told me this recipe is a keeper. We both loved the slightly sweet sauce. I will be making this recipe again soon.
Jun 23, 2014
This was a great recipe, easy and simple with flavor
Mar 10, 2014
Easy and delicious. We loved it. I will definitely prepare this again.
Jan 31, 2013
Nice and juicy, easy to make even my very adult picky family enjoyed it!!
Oct 6, 2011
So easy and tasty. It?s definitely one I would make again.
Jan 4, 2011
Love this recipe! Easy, simple, and delicious.
May 12, 2009
This was really tasty and a nice change up for chicken
Mar 12, 2009
I made this for dinner tonight. It was simple and tasty.