- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 medium unpeeled pears, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1/3 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until a thermometer reads 165°, 8-10 minutes. Remove.
- Meanwhile, stir together next five ingredients until blended. Pour into skillet; add pears and dried cherries. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until pears are tender, about 5 minutes. Return chicken to skillet; simmer, uncovered, until heated through, 3-5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with additional minced rosemary. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBalsamic Chicken & Pears
"Great recipe! Made it for Valentine's Day and my wife loved it! The cooked pears are such a nice touch and add a sweet flavor along with the white balsamic vinegar sauce. Only change I made was I used a dried cranberry and almond mix. For a side I made a cumin rice pilaf which can also be found on this site. Definitely plan on making this one again! Thanks for sharing the recipe!"
"Excellent! I made some changes, based on the number of diners (2) and existing supplies (dried cranberries vs. cherries, skinless boneless thighs vs. breasts). A definite keeper."
"Great recipe, loved the pears and cherries! I didnt have white balsamic but used regular balsamic."
"easy and tasty!"