Balsamic Beef Kabob Sandwiches
This dish is popular wherever it goes. The flavorful sandwiches will surely be the highlight of your summer barbecue. —Peggy Labor, Louisville, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 2 medium onions
- 8 naan flatbreads
- 2 cups chopped heirloom tomatoes
- Mix first four ingredients; stir in 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Toss with beef; let stand 20 minutes.
- Cut each onion into eight wedges; thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Thread beef strips, weaving back and forth, onto separate skewers.
- Grill onions, covered, over medium heat until tender, 5-7 minutes per side. Grill beef, covered, over medium heat until desired doneness, 3-4 minutes per side. Grill flatbreads until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes per side.
- Toss tomatoes with the remaining pepper and salt. Remove onion and beef from skewers; serve on flatbreads. Top with tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 353 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 595mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Balsamic Beef Kabob Flatbread Sandwiches in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips