Balsamic Beef Kabob Sandwiches
This dish is popular wherever it goes. The flavorful sandwiches will surely be the highlight of your summer barbecue. —Peggy Labor, Louisville, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 2 medium onions
- 8 naan flatbreads
- 2 cups chopped heirloom tomatoes
- Mix first four ingredients; stir in 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Toss with beef; let stand 20 minutes.
- Cut each onion into eight wedges; thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Thread beef strips, weaving back and forth, onto separate skewers.
- Grill onions, covered, over medium heat until tender, 5-7 minutes per side. Grill beef, covered, over medium heat until desired doneness, 3-4 minutes per side. Grill flatbreads until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes per side.
- Toss tomatoes with the remaining pepper and salt. Remove onion and beef from skewers; serve on flatbreads. Top with tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 353 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 595mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Balsamic Beef Kabob Flatbread Sandwiches in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2017