Balsamic Almond Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a shallow bowl, combine almonds and flour. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Dip chicken in eggs; then coat with almond mixture. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, broth, vinegar and brown sugar until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 339 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Apr 7, 2016
Not bad. Definitely didn't love it as others. I thought the sauce was really good and might be good as a marinade for grilled chicken.
Jul 10, 2014
Very delicious. I may add a little salt to the flour mixture next time. The chicken was tender and juicy combined with the crunch of the almond breading. The sauce compliments this with tangy and sweet flavor. Will definitely make again.
Jun 9, 2014
My husband said it's a keeper. Very good flavor! I used raspberry balsamic because that is what I had on hand.
May 29, 2011
Husband loves it! so good for me!
Mar 14, 2010
When I made this recipe for dinner tonight, I added a little salt to the flour/almond mixture and I wasn't sure about the sauce because it smelled very strong. Boy, was I in for a surprise! My very picky husband, 9-yr-old son and I just LOVED it!!!! The sauce has a slightly teriyaki flavor, but not as strong and the almonds on the chicken are perfect! We made it with wild rice and corn. We will definitely be making it again real soon!
Aug 15, 2009
The sauce was great and made it really pretty too. We liked it a lot.
Jun 10, 2009
Re: Balsamic Almond ChickenExcellent recipe. Even my husband liked it which he wasn't quite sure about the sauce. Certainly a keeper
May 14, 2009
The almonds add a great crusty breading to this chicken like I've never had before. Yummy sauce. Great recipe all around. I'll make it again for sure.