With sugared cranberries and rosemary sprigs, my unique cheesecake makes a grand display for office parties and other special events. —Aryanna Gamble, New Orleans, Louisiana
Recommended: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14x9-in.)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place one sheet of phyllo dough in a greased 9-in. springform pan, pressing phyllo onto bottom and up sides of pan; brush with butter. Layer with remaining phyllo sheets, brushing each layer and rotating sheets slightly to stagger the corners. (While working, keep unused phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Place on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix walnuts, sugar and spices; sprinkle over bottom of phyllo. Bake 5-7 minutes or until edges are lightly browned (sides will puff). Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mascarpone cheese on low speed until smooth. Beat in honey, milk and flour. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Return pan to baking pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove rim from pan.
- For garnish, place corn syrup in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, 10 seconds or until warm. Brush corn syrup lightly over both sides of rosemary. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- If needed, reheat remaining corn syrup until warm; gently toss cranberries in syrup. Place remaining sugar in a small bowl; add cranberries and toss to coat. Place on waxed paper and let stand until set, about 1 hour.
- Just before serving, top cheesecake with sugared rosemary and cranberries. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Baklava Cheesecake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p33
Reviews forBaklava Cheesecake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2017