- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add water and 2 tablespoons butter; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in cheese and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide into 13 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place in a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Bake rolls 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine honey, garlic salt and remaining butter; brush over rolls. Remove from pan to wire rack. Yield: 13 rolls.
Reviews forBaker's Dozen Yeast Rolls
"These rolls are delicious! I have sometimes left out the cheese, with excellent results as well. They are really yummy and will be a great addition to your holiday dinner (or any meal)."
"Superb! These were gone in minutes from the table!!! This was my first time making rolls from scratch...I will never go back to store bought again. Keeper recipe for the box"
"These are great, just like my grandmother used to make and I thought hers couldn't be beat."
"Oh my stars these are delicious!!! They are known in our house by the name "yummy rolls" and they sure do live up to the name. The first few times I made them they weren't as fluffy as I wanted them to be and come to find out I had my water too hot and that was effecting the yeast from rising properly. I have started to check the temperature of the water first and it has made a world of difference. Yummy rolls indeed!"
"This is my go to recipe. I make different variations of this recipe depending on what I am cooking. You can't just eat one roll. Trust me. I've tried."
"I followed the recipe and it came out perfect the very first time.Thanks Taste of home"
"These rolls are soft and taste like a great homemade dinner roll. I would leave out the cheese next time, as I could not really taste it. Love the garlic topping!"
"I agree with others, leave out the cheese, couldn't taste it. Baked them for about 16 minutes. I also left out the honey and garlic salt."
"These were different because of the sweetness, but easy and quicker than other rolls. I'll make them again."
"Very tasty and yummy. I did not give the cheddar cheese 'cause it was not in my refrigerator. yet it was good enough.Everyone liked it."