Baked Winter Vegetable Supreme
This is such a delicious side dish utilizing tasty winter vegetables. Serve it at any get-together; it is sure to be a hit.—Pearl Wright, Waterdown, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 2 pounds turnips
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 pound parsnips
- 2 medium kohlrabi (1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium onions, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Peel and slice turnips, carrots, parsnips and kohlrabi into 1/4-in. julienne strips. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with parsley, pepper and tarragon. Pour broth over all. Top with onions and garlic. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until vegetables reach desired tenderness.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 77 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Baked Winter Vegetable Supreme in Low-Fat Country Cooking
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.