- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup reduced-sodium V8 juice
- 1 pound walleye fillets
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the first eight ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Place fish in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour vegetable mixture over the fish. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
1 each: 137 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 vegetable.
Jul 6, 2017
Delicious. I used fresh Walleye from Erie; even though I forgot to add the celery. I substituted fresh garlic and parsley for powdered or dried. I also did not have V8 juice so I substitued tomato sauce with equal parts of water and included a bit of lemon thyme. I will undoubtedly be using this recipe again.
Jul 6, 2017
My husband thought it was a winner. It was excellent. I did not have V8 so used tomato juice instead will make it again