This delicious garden blend—first shared by my older sister—has become a tasty tradition at our family gatherings. —Janet Harper, Bremo Bluff, Virginia
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflowerets
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add the potatoes, carrots and beans. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain; place in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a skillet, saute onions and garlic in oil until tender. Add tomatoes, cauliflower, celery and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Spoon half over the potato mixture. Top with zucchini, green pepper and remaining tomato mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon.
3/4 cup: 74 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC