"I downsized the original recipe for this spicy side dish and adjusted it a bit for my husband and me," writes Sarah Gottschalk of Richmond, Indiana. "It's such a nice change from the usual baked potato...and healthier, too!"
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash salt
- Scrub and pierce sweet potato. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, syrup, jalapeno if desired, lime juice, hot pepper sauce and salt. Cut sweet potato in half; top with sour cream mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Baked Sweet Potato Deluxe in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p35
Reviews forBaked Sweet Potato Deluxe
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2009
"Delicious! Since I don't care for hot peppers I left it out."
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2009
"How can you peel and bake, recipes states scrub and pierce?"