Baked Sweet Potato Deluxe
"I downsized the original recipe for this spicy side dish and adjusted it a bit for my husband and me," writes Sarah Gottschalk of Richmond, Indiana. "It's such a nice change from the usual baked potato...and healthier, too!"
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash salt
- Scrub and pierce sweet potato. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, syrup, jalapeno if desired, lime juice, hot pepper sauce and salt. Cut sweet potato in half; top with sour cream mixture.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Originally published as Baked Sweet Potatoes Deluxe in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007