This simple dessert is a tasty ending to our Thanksgiving meal of roast turkey or pork. Pears are a yummy change from the typical apples. —Marie Labanowski, New Hampton, New York
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 medium ripe pears (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- Core pears and peel 1 in. down from the top on each. Brush peeled portion with some of the lemon juice. Place in a grease 1-qt. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine walnuts, raisins, syrup, brown sugar, lemon peel, cinnamon and remaining lemon juice. Spoon into pears. Dot with butter. Pour apple juice around pears. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until pears are tender, basting several times. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Stuffed Pears in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p136