Baked Stuffed Eggs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min.
- STUFFED EGGS:
- 8 hard-boiled large eggs
- 3 to 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside. In a bowl, mash yolks with a fork. Add sour cream, mustard and salt; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites; set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add soup and sour cream; mix well. Pour half into an ungreased 11x7-in. baking pan.
- Arrange stuffed eggs over the sauce. Spoon remaining sauce on top. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 235 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 252mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 4, 2015
These are absolutely fabulous!!!
Feb 20, 2015
I made this for a meatless Friday in Lent. It was tasty, but needed more substance. I think it would be good served over toasted English muffins with maybe some bacon mixed in. I would make it again.
Sep 10, 2013
this recipe is awesome
Jul 23, 2011
Nice, different way to serve eggs to company. I doubled the recipe, so it takes some time to get all the eggs peeled!
Jun 10, 2011
Havent made it yet , looks great. See it calls for 8 eggs in picture looks like you used 12 ? do you use all 16 halves?
Oct 20, 2010
I have made this dish for years. It is really nice on a holiday morning. My family loves it and there are no leftovers.
Oct 16, 2010
I think this is both a beautiful impressive entree and a fantastic meal for anytime.