Baked Stuffed Eggs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min.
- STUFFED EGGS:
- 8 hard-boiled large eggs
- 3 to 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside. In a bowl, mash yolks with a fork. Add sour cream, mustard and salt; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites; set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add soup and sour cream; mix well. Pour half into an ungreased 11x7-in. baking pan.
- Arrange stuffed eggs over the sauce. Spoon remaining sauce on top. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 235 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 252mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Dec 4, 2015
These are absolutely fabulous!!!
Feb 20, 2015
I made this for a meatless Friday in Lent. It was tasty, but needed more substance. I think it would be good served over toasted English muffins with maybe some bacon mixed in. I would make it again.
Sep 10, 2013
this recipe is awesome
Jul 23, 2011
Nice, different way to serve eggs to company. I doubled the recipe, so it takes some time to get all the eggs peeled!
Jun 10, 2011
Havent made it yet , looks great. See it calls for 8 eggs in picture looks like you used 12 ? do you use all 16 halves?
Oct 20, 2010
I have made this dish for years. It is really nice on a holiday morning. My family loves it and there are no leftovers.
Oct 16, 2010
I think this is both a beautiful impressive entree and a fantastic meal for anytime.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.