- STUFFED EGGS:
- 8 hard-boiled large eggs
- 3 to 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside. In a bowl, mash yolks with a fork. Add sour cream, mustard and salt; mix well. Fill the egg whites; set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add soup and sour cream; mix well. Pour half into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Arrange stuffed eggs over the sauce. Spoon remaining sauce on top. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forBaked Stuffed Eggs
"These are absolutely fabulous!!!"
"I made this for a meatless Friday in Lent. It was tasty, but needed more substance. I think it would be good served over toasted English muffins with maybe some bacon mixed in. I would make it again."
"this recipe is awesome"
"Nice, different way to serve eggs to company. I doubled the recipe, so it takes some time to get all the eggs peeled!"
"Havent made it yet , looks great. See it calls for 8 eggs in picture looks like you used 12 ? do you use all 16 halves?"
"I have made this dish for years. It is really nice on a holiday morning. My family loves it and there are no leftovers."
"I think this is both a beautiful impressive entree and a fantastic meal for anytime."