- 12 medium carrots
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons grated onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Place carrots in a skillet; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender. drain.
- Cut a thin lengthwise slice out of each carrot. Scoop out carrot, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; set shells aside.Place the removed carrot in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; add mayonnaise, onion, horseradish, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Spoon into carrot shells.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the crumbs, 1 tablespoon butter and paprika; sprinkle over carrots. Drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBaked Stuffed Carrots
"Impressive and Tasty. I would suggest using larger sizedcarrots. I roasted mine . I used a knife to hollow out the centers but if the carrots are soft enough a Mellon baller would work well.Cook time in this recipe is slightly off . And a properly cooked carrot is key.I left out the horseradish. We really enjoyed these healthy, eye catching unusual Carrots.Volunteer TOH Field Editor"
"Served it on Easter, impressive presentation and tastes great."