- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 unsliced round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- Cucumber slices
- Preheat oven to 375°. Reserve 1 tablespoon crumbled bacon for topping. Beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in spinach, water chestnuts, 1 cup cheese, half of the green onions, garlic, seasonings and remaining bacon.
- Cut a 1-1/2-in. slice off top of bread. Hollow out the bottom, leaving a 1/2-in.-thick shell. Cut all removed bread into cubes for serving. Fill shell with dip. Wrap in heavy-duty foil, tenting foil over dip. Bake on a baking sheet 1-1/4 hours.
- Open foil carefully, allowing steam to escape. Sprinkle dip with remaining cheese and green onion and the reserved bacon. Bake until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. Serve warm with cucumber and cubed bread. Yield: 16 servings (1/4 cup each).
Reviews forBaked Spinach Dip Loaf
"Had guests for dinner and tried this. Followed directions exactly and OMG! Delicious! Wrapped leftovers with bread bowl. covered in foil and baked again the next day. My husband and I cut up the bread bowl (super crispy and crunchy) and it was delicious the second time around! This will be a keeper."
"Hi Lindachance,You can leave them out if you don't care for them. They just add a nice crunch.Good luck,Sue StetzelRecipe Support SpecialistTaste of Home Magazine"
"Does anyone know if you can make this without the water chestnuts or what you can replace them withI don't care for them."
"I made this three times over the holiday season. The first, I made it exactly as written, and it was amazing. The second time I only had half the cream cheese called for, but still made it. You honestly couldn't even tell there was only half the cream cheese in it....it's just that rich and delicious. The third time I made it vegetarian and left out the bacon (and repeated the method with half the cream cheese since it worked so well the first time). Again, it was SO good. I feel like you just can't go wrong with this dip!"
"can someone please tell me were u get the aged bacon i have never heard of it.. would love to try this recipe and can u use regular bacon or does it get to soggy thanks."
"Turns out great every time, have also used the towel trick to transport and it keeps nice and warm,! Thanks"
"Made this for a Super Bowl party and it was a big hit. I made it the night before and popped it in the oven before the party."
"Awesome!! The only thing I changed was adding a small diced onion since I didn't have any green ones ...really good and it's in my recipe book... thanks for sharing!!"