Baked Spicy Chicken Wings
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 40 min.
Makes6 main-dish or 12 appetizer servings
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup honey or packed brown sugar
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- Few drops hot pepper sauce
- 30 to 36 chicken wings or drumettes (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients except chicken; heat and stir until blended. Cool to room temperature. Place the chicken in a shallow baking pan; pour sauce over. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator 12-24 hours. To cook, remove chicken from the marinade and place on a broiler pan. Reserve marinade. Bake at 375° for about 40 minutes or until tender. Turn chicken and brush with marinade occasionally.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 12, 2011
I didn't like these at all they weren't even spicy, they cooked very well in the oven though, but I wouldn't make these again
Sep 15, 2010
very ,very good the best,thank you