Baked Spicy Chicken Wings
These chicken wings taste good with curried almond rice and a salad. I've also garnished them with mandarin oranges or chopped peppers for special company.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 40 min.
Makes6 main-dish or 12 appetizer servings
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup honey or packed brown sugar
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- Few drops hot pepper sauce
- 30 to 36 chicken wings or drumettes (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients except chicken; heat and stir until blended. Cool to room temperature. Place the chicken in a shallow baking pan; pour sauce over. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator 12-24 hours. To cook, remove chicken from the marinade and place on a broiler pan. Reserve marinade. Bake at 375° for about 40 minutes or until tender. Turn chicken and brush with marinade occasionally.
Originally published as Spicy Chicken Wings in Country Extra July 1991
Sep 12, 2011
I didn't like these at all they weren't even spicy, they cooked very well in the oven though, but I wouldn't make these again
Sep 15, 2010
very ,very good the best,thank you