- 1 package (8 ounces) egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 pounds sole fillets
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese, lemon juice, salt, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, nutmeg and pepper until cheese is melted. Set aside half of the cheese sauce. Drain noodles; add to the remaining sauce.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with the spinach, sole, reserved cheese sauce and remaining cheese; sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBaked Sole and Spinach
"This was okay, but not great. I think the heaviness of the sauce took something away from the delicate fish."