Baked Shrimp and Asparagus
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen cut asparagus
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of shrimp soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup salad croutons, optional
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Top with croutons if desired; bake 5 minutes longer. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 124 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 598mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 5, 2015
Sounds good but cooking shrimp for 20 minutes sounds like a long time I dont cook fish that long is the shrimp still frozen?
Jan 9, 2013
Question: Do you thaw the shrimp and aspargus?
Jan 23, 2012
We have been making this one for years (since it was first published) and it's an easy favorite. We don't care for (and can rarely find) cream of shrimp soup so usually either make my own white sauce or substitute cream of celery soup. Have also made it with an asparagus stir fry veggie mix.
Nov 1, 2011
Had to double it for a family of four,wish I tripled it! Just that good.