Baked Sesame Pork Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- SESAME COATING:
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add pork; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place tenderloins on a rack in a shallow roasting pan lined with heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, water and soy sauce; brush over meat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Slice and serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 120 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat.
Apr 6, 2011
I made this recipes for a Christmas appetizer potluck and EVERY person loved it - adults, kids, teens. It is amazingly easy, very tasty, and relatively healthy. A few of the children didn't love the sesame seeds, but one of those children now says they are just fine!!!