Baked Sesame Pork Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- SESAME COATING:
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add pork; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place tenderloins on a rack in a shallow roasting pan lined with heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, water and soy sauce; brush over meat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Slice and serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 120 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat.
Apr 6, 2011
I made this recipes for a Christmas appetizer potluck and EVERY person loved it - adults, kids, teens. It is amazingly easy, very tasty, and relatively healthy. A few of the children didn't love the sesame seeds, but one of those children now says they are just fine!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.