Baked Seafood Avocados
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 can (4 ounces) medium shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 4 large ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crushed potato chips, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery, onions, salt if desired and pepper. Add crab and shrimp; mix well. Peel avocados if desired. Sprinkle avocados with lemon juice; fill with seafood mixture. Sprinkle with potato chips if desired.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 269 calories, 22g fat (0 saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 meat, 1 fruit.
Sep 1, 2008
This is a really wonderful recipe. I had something similar when I was in Spain. It was served chilled with the crab and a delicate seafood sauce. The dish was not oven prepared.
Aug 30, 2008
avacados have about 15g of fiber. not O. They also have only about 3-4 g of protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.