Baked Salmon with Herbed Pecan Romesco
Fancy enough for company and easy to do...that's my type of recipe. Even better, the Herbed Pecan Romesco may be made and stored in the refrigerator the day before serving.—Sheryl Little, Sherwood, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 shallots, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- In a small skillet, saute shallots and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Transfer to a food processor; add remaining sauce ingredients. Cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until blended; set aside.
- Place salmon fillets in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Brush over salmon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with sauce.