Baked Salmon with Crumb Topping
Fishing for a new way to serve salmon that's special enough for company? Our Test Kitchen staff came up with this elegant entree. A generous topping of bread crumbs, almonds, green onion and seasonings gives moist salmon a tasty treatment.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 salmon fillet (2 pounds)
- In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, almonds, onion, thyme, salt and pepper; mix well. Add butter and toss lightly; set aside. Pat salmon dry. Place skin side down in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spritz salmon with cooking spray; cover with crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 273 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 276mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Originally published as Baked Salmon with Crumb Topping in Light & Tasty February/March 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.