Fishing for a new way to serve salmon that's special enough for company? Our Test Kitchen staff came up with this elegant entree. A generous topping of bread crumbs, almonds, green onion and seasonings gives moist salmon a tasty treatment.
Recommended: 21 Sheet Pan Dinners to Make Tonight
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 salmon fillet (2 pounds)
- In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, almonds, onion, thyme, salt and pepper; mix well. Add butter and toss lightly; set aside. Pat salmon dry. Place skin side down in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spritz salmon with cooking spray; cover with crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Salmon with Crumb Topping in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p55