Baked Sage Breadsticks
Sage is subtle but wonderful in these cheesy-crisp breadsticks. Try them as a snack or alongside soup or salad.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup cold water
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sage and salt; stir in cheese. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise; cut each half widthwise into 1-in. strips. Twist each strip two to three times.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 71 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Sage Breadsticks in The Taste of Home Cookbook 1st edition
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.