Baked Sage Breadsticks
Sage is subtle but wonderful in these cheesy-crisp breadsticks. Try them as a snack or alongside soup or salad.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup cold water
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sage and salt; stir in cheese. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise; cut each half widthwise into 1-in. strips. Twist each strip two to three times.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 71 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Sage Breadsticks in The Taste of Home Cookbook 1st edition